EXTERNAL ACTIVE GRANTS AND CONTRACTS:
1. PI: 1R01CA148706 (NIH/NCI) Duane D. Miller (Co-I: 2011-2015; MPI: 2016-2026)
“Targeting the colchicine site in tubulin for cancer therapy”. Current funding period (2021-2026) total cost: $1.96 million. Total funding awarded for this project $5.7 million.
2. PI:1R01CA240447-01A1 (NIH/NCI) Muxiang Zhou (MPI) 7/2020-6/2025
“Dual inhibition of MDM2 and XIAP as a therapeutic strategy in cancer”. Total cost: $2.72 million.
3. PI: 1R01CA193609-01A1 (NIH/NCI) 5/2016-4/2022
“Selective targeting survivin for cancer therapy”. Total cost: $1.96 million.
4. PI: BC190092 Tiffany Seagroves (Partner PI) 3/2020-2/2023
DoD Breast Cancer Research Program
Total budget: $2,269,056 for the duration of 3 years
W81XWH2010011: Li’s part of the project $1,271,866
W81XWH2010019: Seagroves’ part of the project $997,190
“Discovery of orally bioavailable tubulin inhibitors to overcome taxane resistance in metastatic breast cancer”
5. PI: 1R61NS124923-01 (NIH/NINDS) Jianxiong Jiang (contact MPI) and Wei Li (MPI) 12/2021-11/2024
“Targeting TRPC3 Channels for Epileptic Seizures”. Total cost: $1.15 million.
6. PI: Oxnard Foundation 7/2019-6/2022
This foundation grant is to support research in the Li lab to develop new small molecule compounds as potentially more effective treatments for pancreatic cancer. Total cost: $120,000.
7. PI: Sponsored Research Agreement #1 7/2019-6/2022
Private Industry for a cancer drug development. Total cost: $135,000.
8. PI: Sponsored Research Agreement #2 Duane Miller (MPI) 1/2020-1/2022
Private Industry for a cancer drug development. Total cost: $100,000.
9. Co-I: 1R24EY029950-01A1 (NIH/NEI) Monica Jablonski (PI) 3/2020-2/2025
“Novel Extended Release Glaucoma Therapy for Once Daily Dosing” Total cost: $4.94 million.
10. MPI: R43CA257324-01 (NIH/NCI) Zhongzhi Wu (NIH contact PI) 9/2020-8/2022
“Feasibility study of developing SEAK-114 for the treatment of pediatric cancers”. Total cost: $399,964.
Role: MPI, Founder and owner of the awardee company: SEAK Therapeutics LLC.
EXTERNAL PENDING GRANT
11. MPI: R01AG072703-01A1 Liao (contact PI); Li and Bhaskar (MPIs) 4/2022-3/2027
“Validation of a novel tau clearance mechanism”
Percentile score 7%. Anticipate it is within the funding range. Total requested budget: $3.646 million.
ACTIVE INTERNAL FUNDING AND COMPLETED FUNDING:
Please see the relevant sections in the CV.